Yehuda Katz is a member of the Ember.js, Ruby on Rails and jQuery Core Teams; his 9-to-5 home is at the startup he founded, Tilde Inc.. There he works on Skylight, the smart profiler for Rails, and does Ember.js consulting. He is best known for his open source work, which also includes Thor and Handlebars. He travels the world doing open source evangelism and web standards work.
Status Update: Merb 1.0
September 26th, 2008
With Merb 1.0 right around the corner, we’re buckling down and making sure that Merb is rock-solid by October 11.
A bunch of features have landed or are landing over the weekend:
- Taking advantage of Ruby Enterprise to reduce memory overhead
- Simplifying deployment of Merb clusters
- Improving the errors that Merb spits out when something goes wrong inside Merb.
- Fixing an infrastructure problem that caused Merb’s logger to cause thread-safetiness issues in JRuby. Also resolve the comingling of logged information for multiple requests in threaded environments.
- Fix several bugs in merb_helpers that were driving people nuts when trying to do non-standard things.