Yehuda Katz is a member of the Ember.js, Ruby on Rails and jQuery Core Teams; he spends his daytime hours at the startup he founded, Tilde Inc.. Yehuda is co-author of best-selling jQuery in Action and Rails 3 in Action. He spends most of his time hacking on open source—his main projects, like Thor, Handlebars and Janus—or traveling the world doing evangelism work. He can be found on Twitter as @wycats and on Github.
Status Update: Merb 1.0
September 26th, 2008
With Merb 1.0 right around the corner, we’re buckling down and making sure that Merb is rock-solid by October 11.
A bunch of features have landed or are landing over the weekend:
- Taking advantage of Ruby Enterprise to reduce memory overhead
- Simplifying deployment of Merb clusters
- Improving the errors that Merb spits out when something goes wrong inside Merb.
- Fixing an infrastructure problem that caused Merb’s logger to cause thread-safetiness issues in JRuby. Also resolve the comingling of logged information for multiple requests in threaded environments.
- Fix several bugs in merb_helpers that were driving people nuts when trying to do non-standard things.